I often see recipes posted on Facebook but rarely end up trying them out. This time I did, and I am sure glad I did! It is yummy and moist pound cake. The recipe comes from Cookies and Cups website. (Check out the website if you want step-by-step photos of making this delicious cake.) The website suggest making it in advance as the cake tastes better the second (or third) day so I did just that. Yummy!
- 1 cup butter, cubed at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/165°C
- Grease a 10″ bundt pan with butter or shortening very liberally. Dust the pan with flour and set aside.
- Place all the cake ingredients in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low for 30 seconds and then increase the speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 65-75 minutes until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean.
- When the cake is done make the glaze. Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir continuously until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved. Do not bring to a boil.
- Poke holes all over the warm cake using a knife and pour the glaze evenly on the cake while still in the pan.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan and then invert the cake onto a serving plate.